Wednesday, May 15, 2013

welcome spring!

it is spring here in vermont, and with that comes the awesome and sometimes overwhelming feeling of wanting to clean out, start fresh, and just generally be awesome.  my intentions are always strong, but with so many things on my plate i wonder if i'll be able to do it all! 

here is a partial list of things i want to do in no particular order:

  • work on new designs
  • play in the studio!
  • test new glazes
  • plant a garden
  • organize my office
  • update the website
  • blog more
  • decorate my house 
  • ride my bike more
  • go on a kayak adventure
  • eat well
  • get in shape

i figure if i write it out here i will be more accountable for accomplishing at least *some* of these goals!  

have spent many years working hard in the studio to build this business and i am just starting to poke my head out of the ground.  i need to remember to be gentle with myself...i don't need to be militant about having fun!  also, sometimes i can get paralyzed with choice...if i take a day off and its nice outside i have trouble deciding if i should garden, or hike, or just go lounge by a river somewhere.  tough life, it sounds like, i know.  but i always want to use my time off wisely, and sometimes the path is not clear.

i know myself well enough to know that i will probably not complete every task on the list.  so i hereby give myself the gift of allowing partial completion, because some progress is better than no progress, and because its important to me to be spontaneous, flexible and open to whatever comes along that sounds enticing and/or fun and/or worthwhile.

and, hey!  check it out...just like that i am blogging.  maybe its easier than i thought (anticipation is always worse than reality, for me at least)  now if i can just keep it going....

happy spring, y'all!  wish me luck...

th

1 comment:

  1. Well, well--how refreshing to have someone admit to the undone list and forgive themselves!!!
    Yet another lesson my beautiful daughter has taught me. If you can do it, I can atleast try!

    ReplyDelete